Please do not hesitate to contact me with questions regarding my experience, or my
practice in general.
Parent Coach for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Autism Spectrum Disorders, ADHD,
Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder,
Private Practice, 2012 - Present.
Oak Creek Counseling Center, www.oakcreekcenter.org, Therapist Intern. 2012 -2014.
Camp Altitude: Partnering with Families, www.camp-altitude.com, Clinical Specialist. 2011-2015
- Serve as a behavior consultant for overnight, two-week, traditional camp
experience fortified with therapeutic accommodations for 10 – 17 year-olds with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- Maintain onsite residency and 24 hours on-call status for the duration
- Facilitate behavioral changes through the creative use of interventions
while collaborating with a multidisciplinary team of clinical professionals and interns.
La Cheim Schools Incorporated, www.lacheim.org, Therapeutic Behavior Specialist. November 2010 – March 2012.
- Provided one-to-one counseling for children and adolescents at risk of
losing their current living situation and/or academic status due to continuous maladaptive behaviors.
- Helped youth and family, caregiver, or guardian learn new ways of
controlling maladaptive behaviors while reinforcing replacement behaviors that allowed the youth to be successful.
- Facilitated behavioral changes through the creative use of
cognitive-behavioral interventions and collaboration with the youth, parent /caregiver, and a multidisciplinary team of professionals (i.e. Social workers, Teachers, Probation Officers, Direct Care
New Leaf Services, Therapist Intern. September 2008
– September 2010.
- Provided psychotherapy services for clients with mental health,
substance abuse, and general life concerns.
- Facilitated substance recovery support groups.
- Gained familiarity with the Harm Reduction approach to substance abuse,
recovery, and health.
Toolworks, www.toolworks.org, Independent Living Skills Worker (for adults with disabilities). June
2007 - August 2009.
- In addition to providing emotional and social support, aided with daily
living including, but not limited to medical needs, budgeting, safety awareness, and maintaining a clean and healthy living environment.
- Provided case coordination: made referrals, monitored client's
- Provided instruction and encouragement regarding client rights and
Fox Vocational Services, Job Coach (for adults with
disabilities). April 2006 – June 2007.
- Vocational Trainer for adults with varying intellectual disabilities.
Responsible for regular visits to job sites and follow-up.
- Planned recreational activities, exercise schedule, and community
integration activities for each client.
- Maintained regular communication with the client’s family, care staff,
and social workers.