Please do not hesitate to contact me with questions regarding my experience, or my practice in general.
Child-Behavior Consultation, Private Practice, 2012 - Present.
Oak Creek Counseling Center, www.oakcreekcenter.org, Therapist Intern. 2012 -2014.
Camp Altitude: Partnering with Families, www.camp-altitude.com, Clinical Specialist. Present.
- Serve as behavior consultant for overnight, two-week, traditional camp experience fortified with therapeutic accommodations for 10 – 17 year-olds with High Functioning Autism Spectrum
- Maintain onsite residency and 24 hour on-call status for duration of camp.
- Facilitate behavioral changes through creative use of interventions while collaborating with a multidisciplinary team of clinical professionals and interns.
La Cheim Schools Incorporated, www.lacheim.org, Therapeutic Behavior Specialist. November 2010 – March 2012.
- Provided one-to-one counseling for children and adolescents at risk of losing their current living situation and/or academic status due to continuous maladaptive behaviors.
- Helped youth and family, caregiver, or guardian learn new ways of controlling maladaptive behaviors while reinforcing replacement behaviors that allowed the youth to be successful.
- Facilitated behavioral changes through creative use of cognitive behavioral interventions and collaboration with the youth, parent /caregiver, and a multidisciplinary team of professionals (i.e.
Social workers, Teachers, Probation Officers, Direct Care Staff).
New Leaf Services, Therapist Intern. September 2008 – September 2010.
- Provided psychotherapy services for clients with mental health, substance abuse, and general life concerns.
- Facilitated substance recovery support groups.
- Gained familiarity with Harm Reduction approach to substance abuse, recovery, and health.
Toolworks, www.toolworks.org, Independant Living Skills Worker (for adults with disabilities). June 2007 - August
- In addition to providing emotional and social support, aided with daily living including, but not limited to: medical needs, budgeting, safety awareness, and maintaining a clean and healthy
- Provided case coordination: made referrals, monitored client's progress
- Provided instruction and encouragement regarding client rights and self-advocacy.
Fox Vocational Services, Job Coach (for adults with disabilities). April 2006 – June 2007.
- Vocational Trainer for adults with varying intellectual disabilities. Responsible for regular visits to job sites and follow-up.
- Planned recreational activities, exercise schedule, and community integration activities for each client.
- Maintained regular communication with client’s family, care-staff, and social workers.